Basit Koshul received his first PhD in from Drew University, specialising in the sociology of religion. His areas of interests include the relationship between religion and modernity, philosophy of science, philosophy of religion, the sociology of culture and the contemporary Islam-West encounter.
He has been an active participant in inter-faith dialog and Scriptural Reasoning. His publications are a reflection of this twin task of recovery and repair.
Sorry, your browser doesn't support frames...
He completed his second PhD in from the University of Virginia. The dissertation begins with an integration of Max Weber's methodology of the social sciences and the philosophy of Charles Sanders Perice. It goes on to show that the conversation between Weber and Peirce opens up the possibility of the integration of science, philosophy and religion.
About Community Builders Chicago. Read More. See All Customer Reviews. Shop Books.
Add to Wishlist. USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly. Overview Koshul religion, Concordia College presents Weber as a postmodern thinker born too early rather than an Enlightenment thinker born too late, especially in his work on religion and science.
- Algorithms for Sensor Systems: 6th International Workshop on Algorithms for Sensor Systems, Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, and Autonomous Mobile Entities, ALGOSENSORS 2010, Bordeaux, France, July 5, 2010, Revised Selected Papers;
- Hominin Environments in the East African Pliocene: An Assessment of the Faunal Evidence (Vertebrate Paleobiology and Paleoanthropology).
- Dr. Basit Koshul – Profile | Riwaayah.
- Pre-Negotiation: A Strategy for Winning;
- Manufacturing Systems: Theory and Practice (Mechanical Engineering Series).
Koshul believes Weber's work should not be taken simply as a study in the sociology of culture or of a methodology of the social sciences but instead should receive an integrated and relational reading to find new insights. He begins with a reading of Weber on the religion vs.
- Labelled Non-Classical Logics;
- Introduction to Biblical Hebrew.
- The Nineteenth Century: Europe 1789-1914 (Short Oxford History of Europe)?
Koshul closes with commentary on the progress of Weber scholarship itself from disenchantment to self-awareness.
Related The Postmodern Significance of Max Weber’s Legacy: Disenchanting Disenchantment
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved